Monday, March 06, 2006

Its just another Monday

Well yesterdays sermon I Hope is still working in the hearts and minds of our people...
IT wasn't a fun sermon. It was a sermon I had to deliever and it was on the Justice of God !
The points Included describing God's Justice biblically .
And Since God is a Just God then he must react to sin !
And in fact God hates sin and has prepared a place of punishment.
And since God is Just He must do this.

Now I have never backed away from preaching on hell and yesterday as a sub point described hell very biblically and gues what when I gave the altar call not a person moved.
We sang just as I am and not a person moved !

So here I am on this monday pondering through all this and when I was reminded of what Paul said in 2 tim 4:
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

And so I concluded as I have done my part God will faithfully do His.

Today I also started to re~read a book that I read in 1995 by John McArthur
titled: ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL

Tuesday - I am trying something new --- I have invited any men in the church who want to join me for breakfast to meet me at a local pizza place that has great breakfast deals to eat together and just laugh and eat together.
And maybe even do a little talking about the coming fishing season that's now just 26 days away !!!!

Later

P.s. my spell checker isn't working ....

No comments: