Monday, July 18, 2005

Still on vacation

Its Monday so today I have been thinking about yesterdays church service. We went to the Salvation Army the church of my youth. It was great to hear real band music though my kids were not sure of it.
but there was a statement made in the sermon that has gotten my attention when the captain said we needn't follow the popular pop culture of our day as preached by TV talk show host but Go to Jesus. Which is true but the more I think of his sermon what he was preaching was pop gospel one of a partnership with Jesus not surrender. A shallow fix and not at change from the inside out.
It was as my father said a internet sermon.

You see its very hard for a preacher to attend another church we get critical and maybe see what needs fixing in us .

Later

No comments: