Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Night...

Well the day is over !
With two trips to town behind me for the day.
With a quick walk in the fog taken care off.
And Sunday service over its time to put the wheels back in motion for the week ahead.
I noted last night about my hesitation on toady's sermon thou shalt not steal, God Came through and gave me what I needed.
He started with the Aug. edition of readers digest front cover (Canadian edition) How Honest Are we? what great intro to the sermon. And while I looked frantically for some other message on the platform I could substitute with , this was what I was to preach.
Its cool how God made it work - following the service one lady confessed she needed to return a tub of margarine she had gotten through a mix up with out paying.
We had a retired pentecostal pastor with us today who honestly said it was a good service.
so God took care of worries !

As I sit here at my church desk I know two things that will dominate the week - first to attend a funeral for a young man killed in a car accident, My connection with him is that his step mother hails from this church and secondly two years ago he was my fishing partner in a bass tournament.
from the Chronicle Herald...it read
ACROSS NOVA SCOTIA 5:49 AM Man dies, two hurt in Valley crash
AVONPORT — A young Hantsport man died Saturday morning when his vehicle crossed the centre line of Highway 101 and collided with a westbound vehicle, Annapolis RCMP say.
The collision took place shortly before 7:30 a.m. between exits 8 and 9.


The second is to trust God , for a new job for my wife ,because her Job of teaching mentally challenged adults in a private school, last week closed its doors.

It's Sad but also its an opportunity to see God at work.

Well its off to see what else the history channel has on Hitler to watch, exciting I Know.

Later <><

No comments: