Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Turning 12

My son this week turned 12 !
And for his birthday he wanted a mp3 player.
No problem with friends like wal-mart!
So now we are in the mp3 down loading thing.

Now to spare him one of those "talks" I'll post it here.

I remember when I was 12 that stereo's not mp3 players were Big.
I can even remember our family's floor model stereo complete with 8 track storage space. That thing as I think about it now was the size of a coffin.

Big Speakers -- Big stereos -- meant big out put...

But Not now... Its gotta be small.

So we are now entering the age old argument of turn it down.
And putting Christian music in his head not worldly stuff.
But at 12 the radio tunes sound better than my (praise)music that I listen to.
Even the groups I liked years ago are like me "old men" now and "un-cool."
So what are some groups that are Christian and rocky or Rappers ??

I wish at 12 Barney still sounded cool with his sing along tapes but if they were then there would be different kind of worries.

Turning 12 means Jr. High this year....
Now we need to get him interested in a youth group to attend.
Sadly our church doesn't have one and he has learned its boring with the seniors crowd a long time ago.

Turning 12 means I think that there will be some new challenges ahead that make handling board meetings a picnic.

But I will Remain Faith to being a father and see him through it.

Later

No comments: