Monday, January 23, 2006

Election time

This is the day I enjoy being Canadian with the oppurtunity to vote.
Its something I have done since being legally old enough too.
And Now for the rest of the evening its a wait and see what happens... that can be nerve racking.

I have gone through votes before my self !
My pastoral vote was held a year ago which the church gave me a 100 % to stay which was cool.

Yet I can remember waiting for the results - much like Martin a bad vote could mean means no home or job and no $$$ .

Thankfully all went well...

I somethiomes wish more jobs could be held on a vote system -
like grade six elementry teachers - wouldn't they change their attitudes if there job was voted on every year by the class ( parents ) that just finished ... the parents should have a say !

or that rude postal worker....
or that bus driver ...
or clerk ...
or nurse...
or doctor...
or...
But our society doesn't work that way, but we do have a choice which might not impact their lives but we can feel better because we choose this over that...

Which is why we vote - to make a choice of this over that.

Later

No comments: