Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Neighbor


My Neighbor is burning grass as I blog. It amazes me that while we have no snow there are others who have Mountains of snow. I guess its perspective on how you see it all. But on this side I think I like it this way a lot better.

Today I tried to chase down a lady at the hospital for a pastoral call, but here name wasn't on the clergy list, the information ladies list nor on the admitting person's list.
So I called a friend and found out it was on the undertakers list. I have never meet the lady but she has been regularly requested for prayer. And here lies one off the (for Me) downers of ministry being too late. But probably to late eternally which was more important and heart breaking.

I was able to once again this year take our mid week group deeper into the profound debts of this week . We studied Palm Sunday , and again I am amazed at how little we all really know about the important facts of our spiritual life. We are so superficial just knowing enough to sound religious but not enough to defend our faith.

Now The reason the word superficial is on my mind , is that in our monthly ministers meeting( zone)
we were asked if the church has become to superficial in our world. (Good question) Well I am not sure what some were thinking in their answers , but they kinda of proved the point. They could only make presumptions and a lot of 'you knows' and 'they's' I think had the apostles preached a 'you know' and a 'they' along with a host of other hunch statements who would of listened ?
So I am reminded that I myself need to make sure I am not a superficial husband,dad,pastor, son,brother, and friend.

later


I am now reading ...

Basic Christianity by John r.w. Stott
I know its not new, and while I hadn't read it, there are two reasons for reading it.
The price was right a quarter, and its a apologetic book.

No comments: