Friday, April 21, 2006

I wish it wasn't true

Maybe you have read this report somewhere this week that....
i am taking it from the associated baptist Press here that

Survey results: Church not important for spiritual growth, Americans say

By Hannah Elliott

Published: April 21, 2006

DALLAS (ABP) -- Almost three-fourths of Americans claim to be Christians, but only a small fraction consider church the place to deepen their faith, a new survey says.

Less than 20 percent of American adults believe participation in a congregation is critical to spiritual growth, and just as few agree that only through participation in a faith community will they reach their full potential, the Barna Research Group reported April 18.

I wish I could say it was different for the church I pastor but I think we are amongst the surveyed...
and here is why I make this sad claim .
last Night was our Night of Prayer for revival in the church. We have been having two nights of the month just for this concern.
And Guess who showed up ?
Just Me.

Thats It. Just Me.
So we really do need a revial , but not the kind that closes down all the taverns and like but one that gets people who come to church back in church.
I hope that God uses my time here to see such an event happen.
But when only one comes out for prayer it tends to put Me in the vally of despair....
Later

No comments: