Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back from Beulah

I am now back home with Beulah Family Camp Over, and looking at the next big event 'Christmas'
and stuff in between now and then.
If your reading this wondering what is Beulah Camp ??
Its our denominational camp that includes people that attend Wesleyan Church's in Maine,
N.B. , N.F.L.D, N.S. P.E.I. or Atlantic Canada plus one state.
The camp runs from Friday till the following Sunday.
Every day has two services and stuff planned besides .
Every Pastor on our District is assigned a job for this week of camp (it's no vacation)
Mine is in the kitchen .
So between working two meals a day and a cottage full of people, I made the time to read two books....
The divine Defense by Robert Jeffress (I was very impressed with his book)
Watch Your walk by Richard Baxter ( He is always good)
My reflection on camp is - I'm glad I had my books.
The preaching was Good - but as a preacher it's hard to hear another,
I can't comment on the music because I skipped that part of the service understand the music is current and rocking there, but personally for what they sing I can hear on christian radio and done by its composer, I'm not against it , now I am realizing more and more Hymns are still Good and for the age dynamics of the camp probably more appreciated.

This Sunday marks the beginning of 10 years of ministry Here !
I am not sure how I am swallowing This, I left for camp, on an exit from church by a fishing buddy ( treasurer, soundboard etc, etc)
People have come and gone but this one hurts, But as my wife says " do I believe what I preach" than I must leave this with God and run the race.
[ Her mini sermons hurt more than a month of mine lol ]

So moving on we hope to have our own church camp in August, for a weekend on a camping lot by a lake.
And I have also challenged people to read Unlimiting God by R. Blacaby then we'll meet over coffee and discuss the book- I think it's going to be called Pastor Dale's book club !!!
If you have read it leave a comment !

Later

No comments: