Friday, October 19, 2007

My turn to host

On Thursday I was left to be in charge of a monthly breakfast meeting of ministers .
This is a monthly event for Wesleyan Pastors in our area and that day there 14 of us .
I had a great inspiring devotional to read which would inspire all . But instead I felt lead to ask three questions and have everyone respond with answers around the table, the first was what they enjoyed of a Ministerial we all attended last month.
My Second question was Just for them to give a note of praise for something in their lives.
( Interestingly there was a lot of " that was my praise thing too) How come we pastors get all silent when its our turn to praise the Lord when were off the platform ?
Then I asked them what one peace of advice would they give a new pastor starting out in ministry. Telling them that what they were sharing was likely one of their core values in life.
Many shared advice about family time, Or being submissive ( from the older one in our midst) , time guarding and mine being sure that you are called. So from what was said most of the pastors are really family oriented before anything Else's in their ministry.

Issues came out as we shared indicating ( I think) that pastors don't get to really share what's on their heart like we should ( me included) .
So with everything said... we all went our different ways to minister in our own way to different church's of all sizes and types . I really enjoyed doing this, Because I think that we pastors don't get a lot of encouragement, and instead of criticizing each other we should build up each other.
A ministry family is truly a great blessing to have and protect.

That was Thursday and now its Friday, and Tomorrow starts my sons hockey season or as I like to think his path to the NHL.
But Tonight I am left with a puzzle to solve, when ordering a pizza tonight the lady knew my name, now I don't go there enough for anyone to know me , but she knew it ! So I asked how she knew me and interesting we went to high school together 20+ years ago ! And I can not remember her at all, apparently she said I haven't changed my looks so she knew me.

Later

No comments: